Mar 08, 2019
We’re pleased to make two announcements related to our work on the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
Brooke has written up our plan to work on improving the EVM in convenient Medium blog format:
The EVM is critical infrastructure, and will be for some time. ewasm is still a ways off from being Ethereum’s execution engine, and the EVM is used in more places than Ethereum mainnet. We should invest in improving the EVM ahead of ewasm, while making the transition to ewasm smoother.
Secondly, we are announcing RUN EVM: OPCODE 1, a one-day conference in Berlin, April 16th, 2019. The EVM is used beyond the Ethereum main-net in a number of contexts, such as private & side chains, and is only seeing more adoption in areas like Trusted Computing. Registration will open later this week, sign up on the site if you want to speak and/or sponsor.
- Brooke hosted a quick jam session with some thoughts on the Actor Model, smart contracts, and sharding. Thanks to Dan Finlay for kicking off the Twitter thread that started it all, and everyone else for dialing in and participating. You can watch the video here. Notes to follow soon! Mar 22nd, 2019
- Boris posted the announcement confirming April 17th & 18th as the dates for an Istanbul Hardfork & ETH1x Roadmap CoreDevs planning meeting. See the post on EthMagicians and signup to attend. Mar 11th, 2019
- Simona Pop of Bounties Network fame invited Boris to be her MC sidekick for the ETHParis opening ceremonies. Watch the magic duo here. Mar 8th, 2019
- Brooke published EVM Evolution Roadmap: Towards a More Aggressive Ethereum Execution Engine – she covers the roadmap of potential features, as well as showing how to interoperate with and migrate to ewasm. Mar 8th, 2019
- Along with Lane, Boris presented and facilitated a session at ETHCC on the ETH1x Roadmap and upcoming Istanbul Hardfork. The presentation, video, and related tweets are available on Notist. Mar 7th, 2019